Thursday 15 November 2007

That was then is now

Strikes.
As I arrived at my afternoon lecture on tuesday I found half the tables of the classroom had been used to barricade one of the main entrances to the building. None of my contemporaries had arrived, as I returned to the exit people were attempting to get in and others were restraining them. A girl shouted - please can all of those not 'blocking' please leave the building- I was aware that strikes were expected but I had no idea it would happen so instaniously.
Another entrance was being chained up at the same time.
So I am sat here twiddling my thumbs waiting for my erasmus grant to arrive so I can go and enjoy myself without fearing being overdrawn again. There is little I can do if I get into dept in my British account when I am abroad.
Right, I am off to make use of this day, perhaps some rollerblading.
Bye for now.

No comments: